What's Going On With My Blog

I post things such as my thoughts of conversations and experiences. I also write a little, so I will most likely provide poems and snippets of stories I have began to write. I also post lyrics . . . Just in case you are interested. I am very opinionated so most of posts will go one way. I live in a small southern town where people do not expect much from anyone or anything. The type of feedback I look forward to the most is when people share what they think about the subject because I like conversation. I also do answer/question and advice so email intricatecarmen@live.com and I'll reply in whichever way you prefer (on here or through email) I hope you enjoy my blog!!!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Quote on Quote Caring

Saying you care as you pin me down,
As I sink you tell me it's what's right,
Sunken in and sunken under,
Can't catch my breath,
Can't find the air,
All the while keep saying you care,
No hand directed  my way,
Not one fault of how your
Life turned out this way
Should be mine; but look,
Look here, yes I, am the one you blame,
Push me down and kick me out,
Still, you never let go,
Suffocating and regurgitating,
In everything I've come to know,
You won't leave my side,
But it's only for your own good, not mine,
Laying and withering while I need you the most,
When we recover it never is over for us,
Before I can begin to lift my chin,
To the sunlight, you pull me back under,
And you pull me back down,
Your helping is hurting me,
Forcing me into your rhythm and rhyme,
Striking me with sound and with song,
Repetition and refusal to hear me,
How can you not have the courtesy,
To at least look into my eyes,
While you destroy me and deny me?
One thing I ask,
ONE THING I ask!!!
Let me have one last daydream,
Of my own rhythm,
The rhythm of my feet, drowning
You out, to not hear your voice.
All I am asking is let me run free
I don't want to be you,
I want to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment