What's Going On With My Blog

I post things such as my thoughts of conversations and experiences. I also write a little, so I will most likely provide poems and snippets of stories I have began to write. I also post lyrics . . . Just in case you are interested. I am very opinionated so most of posts will go one way. I live in a small southern town where people do not expect much from anyone or anything. The type of feedback I look forward to the most is when people share what they think about the subject because I like conversation. I also do answer/question and advice so email intricatecarmen@live.com and I'll reply in whichever way you prefer (on here or through email) I hope you enjoy my blog!!!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Untitled" (I'm thinking about 'Mind Play')

I wrote this when I was twelve, a darker part of my life, where a lot seems to still be unexplained. As I re-read it time and time again, it always seems that I don't remember feeling all of this. It seems someone else wrote it. I'm not sure how to title it, so I need some help.

I sit and I scope the room.
The room full of faces.
No, bodies.
Each of their 'I love yous' seem to single me out.
Putting me back in the shadows...
They just make me feel that much more empty.
That much more alone.
I can not say I have lived. 
Nor known pure happiness. 
If I have, I've forgotten it.
I am not always sorry that I make you feel insignificant.
With every lie and every threat,
it seems there is another drink, or cigarette. 
Childhood has seemed to be apart of the past.
Only after 12 years. 
I despise to hear the remarks and talking, 
you say when you think I am too far to hear.
Hypocrite mouths, and lying eyes.
Defensive stance. 
I sit and scope the room.
I watch the people as they act and lie. 
Waiting for my response. 
"Okay." is all that ever seems to surface. 
I don't mean to hurt you,
There's just something wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment