What's Going On With My Blog

I post things such as my thoughts of conversations and experiences. I also write a little, so I will most likely provide poems and snippets of stories I have began to write. I also post lyrics . . . Just in case you are interested. I am very opinionated so most of posts will go one way. I live in a small southern town where people do not expect much from anyone or anything. The type of feedback I look forward to the most is when people share what they think about the subject because I like conversation. I also do answer/question and advice so email intricatecarmen@live.com and I'll reply in whichever way you prefer (on here or through email) I hope you enjoy my blog!!!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sometimes It Happens


"Two birds of a feather
Say that they're always
Gonna stay together
But one's never goin' to
Let go of that wire
...
He says that he will
But he's just a liar

Two birds on a wire
One tries to fly away
And the other
Watches him close
From that wire
He says he wants to as well
But he is a liar."
- Regina Spektor

 The most important thing I have ever learned in my life is to never let anyone hold you back. As much as you may love or want someone, they may not be what you need. As selfish as it may sound, if someone does not allow you to help them, you need to move on with your own life. Never plan your life around people, circumstances are hard enough to deal with and everyone has them. One thing that sucks the most is to look back on your life and realize a big mistake that you could have easily avoided, and to notice you are in a place you do not want to be in. Do not have regrets is what we are all told, which is near impossible, so do not make it harder. If someone in your life is causing destruction, be it self-destruction or not, that is hurting you and they will not change or get help at any cost, talk to them about it and leave it at that, and go. Live happily. It may hurt at first, or even for a while but the pain will not last. If they choose to change, you still need to be careful, because it may be a lie just to get you back in their life. This does not mean that they do not love you, it just means they are not sure what is best for the both of you. But you need to know what is the best. And that is to move on. To stop caring about things that can not be fixed right now. Maybe in a few years they will know you were right and change at their own good, because sometimes it takes a while before people realize how right you were at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment